EmployNZ recognises that our students, clients and customers have a right to know how we safe guard any information they may provide. This policy sets out our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993, along with additional details on how we keep your information private and safe.
*Please note we may update this policy from time to time.
How is your Information Collected
When you make an enquiry, interact with us through the website, on social media, by phone or by filling in and enquiry or application form we collect information that allows us to contact you and to ascertain your suitability for our courses and programmes. Information collected may include your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, address, occupation, gender etc.
*If you do not provide any information it may restrict our ability to provide you with accurate information on the courses, programmes or services we offer.
When you interact with our website we may automatically collect non-specific data on your browsing habits and patterns etc. Our website also uses “cookie” technology which is generally used to make the internet browsing experience better.
On the website you may be prompted to fill in an online enquiry form giving specific personal information. You will also have an option to join our mailing list. If you make an enquiry online we will use the information you supply for the purpose of contacting you and providing the information and / or services you’ve requested. If you asked to be put on our mailing list you may receive newsletters, emails and / or phone calls from time to time. You can always change your contact preference by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we use your information
We only use your personal information as the law allows and normally only collect it when you have given us consent to do, so such as when you fill in an enquiry or application form, or have direct contact with us via email, phone call or meeting.
We may use your information in the following circumstances;
- When we need to contact you
- When we need to check your academic record
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where we want to offer you a service, course or programme
- Where we want to enter into a contract with you such as when you enrol in an EmployNZ course.
- To administer the services we provide including charging and billing.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), considering your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Date security and retention
Your information is held by EmployNZ Ltd on our secure network. We limit access to your information to only the employees (or third parties) who need to know. We have appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any compliance, legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Disclosing your information
We understand how important it is to keep your information secure and private. Therefore we would only disclose your personal information to third parties in certain limited circumstances, (disclosures will be made subject to appropriate privacy and confidentiality protections). These may include;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised
- Insurers; our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, security consultants and lawyers; and your representatives (e.g. your legal advisers, doctors, health professionals)
- Third party marketing agencies
Access to your information
You have a right to access any information or data we hold about you, including if you want to request a correction or deletion. To do so please email email@example.com, call 0800 002 159 or mail EmployNZ at Box 44, Seventh Ave Box Lobby, Tauranga 3144
You have the right to fully or partially withdraw consent to any follow-up or marketing activity by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org